Baked Angelfish & Bacon
- 4 fillets angelfish
- 350g green beans, cut the ends off
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cloves garlic, peel and finely slice
- 4 rashers back bacon
- 2 lemons, slice in half
- 25g pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the rice, and boil for 15 minutes, turning the heat down so that it boils gently. Taste to check that the rice is soft. Once cooked, drain and keep warm in a colander over a saucepan of hot water.
- Line the bottom of a baking tray with the beans. Sprinkle with olive oil. Lay the angelfish fillets on top of the beans. Scatter with garlic slices, salt and pepper. Place a rasher of bacon over each fillet, sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle a little more olive oil over the top. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish and place the lemons in the tray. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Angelfish cooks quickly so check it a few times – it should flake easily when cooked.
- When serving, remember to spoon the juices from the tray over the fish.
Recipe and image courtesy www.dailydish.co.za