Coconut Kingklip Curry
- 5 X 200g Kingklip Portions skin off
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- Crushed Garlic
- Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbs Red Curry Paste
- 2 Tins Coconut Milk/Creams
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 4-6 Limes
- Baby Bok Choy (Alternative: Baby Spinach, Baby Marrow, Snap Peas)
- Coriander (Optional to garnish)
- Season Kingklip Portions with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Once the pan is very hot add in the Kingklip Portions. Frying for 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside
- Heat Olive Oil in a casserole dish. Add in the sliced onion, red pepper, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add Coconut Milk, cream and stir thoroughly. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the Baby Choy allowing the heat of the sauce to cook the Choy. (Alternative products may vary in cooking time)
- Add the Kingklip portions into the curry sauce and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Allowing the fish to reheat.
- Add the juice of two limes, the Red Curry Paste and Tumeric. Combine all the ingredients together and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, lime 8 wedges and thinly sliced chillies.
Tips: Serve with a side of rice or Cauliflower rice
Credit: Recipe written by Fish4Africa ambassador, Claire Baillie-Stewart – @cooking__with__claire