Crab cakes with spicy rémoulade
- 450g jumbo lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare crab cakes, drain crabmeat on several layers of paper towels. Combine crabmeat, bell pepper, and the next 4 ingredients (through egg), tossing gently. Stir in 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Place remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Divide crab mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape 4 portions into 3/4-inch-thick patties; dredge in breadcrumbs. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add dredged patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining crab mixture, breadcrumbs, and oil.
- To prepare rémoulade, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and remaining ingredients; serve with crab cakes.
Recipe and image via www.myrecipes.com