Kid-Friendly Sesame Shrimp and Noodles
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 60 grams thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 170 grams medium shrimp
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, bell pepper, and spring onions; toss to combine. Transfer to a rimmed (or toaster-oven) baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Heat broiler (or toaster oven). Broil, 4cm from heat source, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer contents of baking sheet to pot; toss with pasta to combine.
Recipe and image via www.marthastewart.com