Prawn Taco with Claire Reis
- Taco Shells (Hard or Soft)
- Kewpie Mayo
- Fresh Lime
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Cabbage (Plain, Purple, or Mixed)
- Fresh Lemon (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Pineapple (or Mango)
- Chili Flakes
- Butter/Olive Oil
- Prepare 5-Spice Slaw: Add fresh lime juice and Chinese 5 spice to Kewpie Mayo. mix well. Add 5-spice and lime Mayo to plain/mixed cabbage. Stir together and ensure the cabbage is well coated. Set coleslaw aside.
- Prepare Prawns: Ensure that prawns are fully thawed (if previously frozen) and that the head/shell/tail is removed and deveined. Season with a squeeze of fresh lemon, salt, pepper, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Prepare Salsa: Add chopped pineapple (or mango) to a bowl with chopped avocado. Season with chili flakes. Set aside.
- Cook Prawns: Pan fry seasoned prawns in butter/olive oil until the colour changes from translucent to white. Set aside while heating taco shells.
- Prepare Taco Shells according to package instructions.
- Build your prawn taco with a twist and enjoy it with a margarita!
Credit: Recipe written by Fish4Africa ambassador, Claire Baillie-Stewart – @cooking__with__claire