Braaied Yellowtail Recipe For Any Occasion
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 6
- 1 small onion or shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. decent balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 6 anchovy fillets
- ¼ cup small capers
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 20 g flat leaf parsley
- 6 x 180 g pieces yellowtail fillet
- Combine the sliced onion with the balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes, olives and anchovies before adding them to the bowl along with the capers and lemon zest.
- Add a hefty drizzle of olive oil.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fish, filleted side down, on a braai grid over a hot fire or in a searing hot skillet for a couple of minutes on each side and then remove from the heat.
- Add the picked parsley to the rest of the salad mixture and place on top of the grilled pieces of fish.
Serve with warm new potatoes or some cauliflower rice if you’re opting to go low-carb. You’ll be amazed at the flavours that come through in this humble dish and even more so with how easy it is to make.
Recipe and image via www.yuppiechef.com