Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
- Salmon Fillets (in the size of your choice – 150-200g per fillet is a nice serving size per person)
- Balsamic Glaze
- Garlic (Fresh Cloves OR Crushed)
- Thyme (Fresh or Dried)
- Chilli Flakes (OPTIONAL, to add spice)
- Lemon (OPTIONAL)
- If not portioned already, portion salmon fillets into desired size. Make sure to remove any excess bones.
- Marinade the salmon fillets with all the above listed ingredients. Dress the salmon well, but be careful not to over-season.
- Pop into the oven at 160 degrees and cook until the salmon turns light pink and flakes easily. It should take approximately 15-20 minutes, however this may vary due to different ovens.
Optional: Serve with a lovely local white wine or G&T of your choice (originally Cape Town Gin was used for a Gin Cocktail).
NOTE: Make sure to not use any olive oil as the salmon contains its own HEALTHY oils & omega-3 fatty acids, which is more than sucient for the dish.
Recipe written by Fish4Africa ambassador, Claire Baillie-Stewart @cooking__with__claire