Lemon Seared Tuna
- 3 – 4 portions of 180g to 200g fresh sword fish fillets clean and patted dry.
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- I stalk of celery finely chopped
- 250g risotto rice
- 1 litre veg or fish stock
- 400ml dry white wine (optional)
- 100g unsalted butter
- Finely grated and chopped zest of 2 lemons
- 20g finely sliced spring onions
- Grated parmesan cheese 50g
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté onions and celery on a low to medium heat.
- Add risotto and allow rice to toast slightly
- Add all the wine and allow all the wine to cook away.
- Turn heat to low and add 1 ladle at a time of the stock; allow stock to cook away before adding the next ladle.
- Continue till all stock is added and cook until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and add seasoning, lemon zest, spring onion, butter, cheese and serve.
Method: STEP 2
- Season sword fish with salt and pepper, rub with olive oil and gently massage seasoning into fish.
- In a medium to large thick based or non-stick pan heat remaining oil ensure the oil is hot before gently placing each piece of fish in the pan.
- Allow each piece of fish to get a beautiful sear, turn after 30 – 40 seconds each side. REMEMBER NO COLOUR MEANS NO FLAVOUR.
- Set seared fish on top of risotto, served with oven roasted baby fennel and oven roasted halved cherry tomatoes.