Roasted Salmon with Creamy Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5kg skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds crushed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ½ English cucumber, grated and squeezed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Heat oven to 230°C. Rub the oil on the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet and place the salmon on top. Season with the coriander, fennel, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Roast until just opaque but still slightly pink in the center, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the crème fraîche, cucumber, horseradish, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Top the salmon with a little of the horseradish sauce and the tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature, with additional horseradish sauce on the side.
Recipe and image via www.realsimple.com