Nutrition Value: High in Protein
Ways to cook: Pan Fry, Grill, Pickle, Poached, Steamed, Baked
Portion Size per person: 250g – 300g
Taste: Hake is a soft, moist fish that is perfect for battering, grilling, frying, baking & Pickling. It is a versatile ingredient thanks to its mild flavour; people that don’t enjoy overly “fishy tasting” seafood should find hake acceptable. In general, hake has a mild, slightly sweet taste. Its subtle flavour makes it the perfect blank canvas for adding a diverse range of seasonings.
- Roast sweet potatoes with sriracha & lime.
- Easy green beans with browned butter Almondine.
- Lemon Tahini Salad with Lentils, beets & carrots
- Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with Barley Risotto
- Panzanella Salad
- Sweet potato & Rocket Salad
- Grilled Veggie Skewers
- Tartar Sauce
- French fries
- Cheese Cauliflower rice
- Rice Pilaf
Similarities: Hake is similar to Cod, Haddock, Pollock, or Tilapia.
To drink with Hake: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnays, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris, Beer, Ceviche White Peach Sangria