Hake Fillets in Lemon Butter Sauce
- Hake Fillets
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Cream
- Minced garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Season your fish with salt and pepper. On a medium high pan with oil, sauté your fish for 5 minutes on each side or until its cooked through.
- Remove the cooked fish, and in the same pan add butter. Once the butter melts, add in your onion and sauté till soft. When the onion is soft, add garlic and let it braise slightly ensuring that it does not burn.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and then add fresh cream. Transfer the fish into the sauce, stir and leave for 2-3 minutes to simmer or until there is some consistency.
- Serve with greek salad or a butter toasted roll.
Credit: Recipe written by Fish4Africa ambassador, Nwabisa Lisa – @nwabisalisa_cooks