Simple Thai fish curry
- 15ml peanut or sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 400g firm fish, cubed
- 400g can coconut cream
- 30ml (or more to taste) red curry paste
- 20ml fish sauce
- 20g fresh basil, torn
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the red pepper; add the fish and sear lightly.
- Mix the coconut cream, red curry paste and fish sauce together and pour over the fish.
- Simmer gently for five minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Stir in the basil and serve with wild rice and lime wedges.
- Thread the fish cubes and red pepper onto skewers to make Thai-style kebabs.
- Grill them in a sauce and serve on a bed of rice garnished with fresh basil.
As an alternative to fish you could try chicken breast fillets, cubed and threaded onto skewers, grilled and served with the Thai-style sauce.