Lemon Garlic Butterfish in Parchment
- 4 white fish fillets, (e.g. hake, john dory, butterfish)
- 2 baby marrows, cut in sticks
- 2-3 medium carrots, cut in sticks
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add garlic and lemon juice and whisk until the mixture is well combined. Allow to cool down then add parsley, salt, pepper, and chilli flakes.
- Cut out four squares of parchment, about 30cm long and wide. Place vegetable sticks in the center and add a piece of fish on top. Spread with the butter sauce. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and additional chilli flakes if you want.
- Fold parchment as follows: left side over the fish to the right, then the right side over to the left, so they overlap. Fold the top and bottom ends underneath to make a loose packet. Place the packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Carefully open the packets, transfer to plates drizzling the drippings on top and serve at once; or simply enjoy directly in the parchment packets!
Recipe and image via www.eatwell101.com